How to make Banana Split Trifle the brings in all the flavors and joy of a banana split. The ultimate trifle dessert to feed a crowd!
Banana Split Trifle dessert recipe coming right up! This banana split treat captures all the flavors in an ice cream sundae and puts it into a cake. It gives you the feeling of going to the local ice cream shop and ordering a scrumptious banana split. My son and his teenage friends ate the whole banana split trifle in a matter of minutes- it’s that good! This easy trifle is a little different from our traditional trifles; we added some new flavors with nuts and FUDGE, with the familiar flavors of whipped cream, fruit, and pudding.
*This post may contain affiliate links.
How to make Banana Split Trifle
- For this recipe, you will need a white cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, bananas, maraschino cherries, hot fudge, heavy whipping cream, and nuts. (Almonds, pecans, or walnuts work great.)
2. Beat the whipped cream until it is thick, and add the sugar.
3. Bake the cake according to the directions on the box.
4. Mix the pudding as the box directs, beat it, and chill in the fridge.
5. Chop up the nuts, and slice the strawberries and bananas.
6. Warm up the hot fudge, so that it’s gooey.
7. Cut up the white cake into little squares.
8. Now layer the pudding, cake, fruit, hot fudge, and whipped cream in a trifle dish.
9. When you’ve reached the top of the dish, top the trifle with a layer of whipped cream, nuts, maraschino cherries, and hot fudge.
SEE MY FRESH BERRY TRIFLE POST FOR DETAILED STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS
Make the top look pretty with cherries, nuts, and some hot fudge!
Banana Split Trifle
Banana Split Trifle Recipe
Tastes like a classic banana split! Great way to serve banana splits to a crowd!
- 4 cups of vanilla pudding (instant is fine)
- 2–3 cups of white cake cubes (9x13 is best, any recipe will do)
- 3–4 of whipped cream (fresh is best)
- About 1 cup of sugar
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 15–20 strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 c. of nuts, chopped (pecans, almonds, walnuts)
- 1 jar of hot fudge
- 10–15 maraschino cherries
- optional: strawberry ice cream topping or caramel topping
- Wash and pat the berries dry. Peel the bananas and slice them. Let them air dry while you prep the rest. Cut your cake into cubes, whip your cream, and make your pudding. Then start layering in a medium size bowl or trifle dish. Start with the pudding, then add cake cubes so they can soak in the pudding. Add the fruit and whip cream. To make it look pretty, stick the outer-edge row of to the glass in a nice line, alternating with strawberries, cake, bananas, etc. Continue layering until all the ingredients are gone, finishing with whip cream on top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 6
Click ‘NEXT’ for more: