Classic banana cream dessert made into a delicious trifle. This recipe uses fresh whipping cream, bananas, pecans, and crushed graham crackers for an quick dessert
My daughter doesn’t like bananas at all. But even she has to make exceptions for our Banana Cream Trifle. This is such a delicious blend of bananas, cream, and pudding. Add in some crushed graham crackers, and pecans, and this recipe is light, fluffy, heaven. This banana cream trifle is perfect for any time of the year and it makes an easy snack for a crowd. The fresh bananas and cream can make it seem like a summer treat, but the comforting flavor of the nuts and pudding can really hit the spot on a cold winter day. This easy trifle dessert will fit in at any party, no matter the time of year.
*This post may contain affiliate links.
This is a classic banana favorite and a dessert your family will enjoy. Plus, it’s pretty cheap and easy to find the stuff in your pantry–bananas, graham crackers or vanilla wafers, a cake mix, and you are pretty much set. At our house we love freshly whipped cream and I really think it makes a difference in the flavor of this dessert. See how we used fresh whipped cream in our Cream Puff Recipe Tutorial.
This banana trifle recipe is part of our summer trifle series!
How to make Banana Cream Trifle:
- For this recipe you will need bananas, heavy whipping cream, banana pudding, graham crackers, yellow cake mix, milk, and nuts (optional).
2. Bake the cake according to directions on the box. Mix the pudding with the milk as the box directs. Whip the cream and add sugar, then slice the banana and cake into chunks.
4. Layer the pudding, cake, bananas, and cream inside a trifle dish. You can also layer the crushed graham crackers if you’d like.
- 1 yellow cake (9x13 is best, any recipe will do.)
- 4 cups of banana or vanilla pudding (instant is fine)
- 3-4 cups of whipped cream (fresh is best)
- 2-3 bananas
- 5-10 graham crackers (or 3 cups of vanilla wafers)
- 1 cup sugar
- Nuts (optional)
- Peel and slice the bananas. Crush up the graham crackers in a bag and set the bananas and crushed up graham crackers aside.
- Cut your cake into cubes, whip your cream, and make your pudding. Then start layering in a medium size bowl or trifle dish. Start with the pudding, then add cake cubes so they can soak in the pudding. Add the fruit and whip cream.
- To make it look pretty, stick the outer-edge row of to the glass in a nice line, alternating bananas and cake cubes.
- Continue layering until all the ingredients are gone, finishing with whip cream on top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!