My Sweet Tween requested this for her birthday cake this year. Her birthday is in July and this makes a perfect 4th of July dessert. It’s light and refreshing for hot summer days and is an easy summer picnic dessert. It’s a total favorite!
Aaand . . . my guess is that you will want to keep this recipe forever and not keeping coming back to my blog to find it. You’ll find this recipe in our recipe ebook in my Etsy Shop. You get 30 of our top recipes. THIRTY RECIPES!!!
How to make Fresh Berry Trifle Dessert
For this trifle dessert, you will need:
When the time is right, dig in! Enjoy the plops of trifle goodness on your plate.
Fresh Berry Trifle
- 4 cups vanilla pudding (instant works fine)
- 3-4 cups whipped cream (fresh is best!)
- 2-3 cups of cake cubes (about a 9x13 size cake)
- 1 cup blueberries or raspberries or blackberries
- 2 cups strawberries (sliced)
- Optional: you can add more berries if you like--the more the better!
- Wash and pat the berries dry. Let them air dry while you prep the rest. Cut your cake into cubes, whip your cream, and make your pudding. Then start layering in a medium size bowl or trifle dish. Start with the pudding, then add cake cubes so they can soak in the pudding. Add the fruit and whip cream. To make it look pretty, stick the outer-edge row of to the glass in a nice line, alternating with strawberries, cake, blueberries, etc. Continue layering until all the ingredients are gone, finishing with whip cream on top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!