- Fresh Berry Trifle
- Easy Valentine Trifle Dessert
- Pineapple Upside-Down Trifle and Ultimate Trifle Series
- Banana Split Trifle and Ultimate Trifle Series 2
- Better Than Anything Candy Bar Trifle
- Banana Cream Trifle Dessert
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Trifle
- Lemon Raspberry Trifle
- Strawberry Jello Trifle
- Caramel Carrot Cake Dessert Trifle
- French Toast Breakfast Trifle
- Pina Colada Trifle Dessert
How to make this easy pineapple upside down cake trifle! An easy trifle dessert that reminds us of our favorite pineapple upside down cake!
Welcome to the Ultimate Trifle Dessert Series!! I’m so glad you have joined me! We’ll be talking all about trifles for the next few posts, so be sure to come back and click for more delicious trifle desserts! Summer is here, and I have a yummy, fruity, creamy trifle dessert for you that my daughter created one day in our kitchen. My oldest loves to make fun recipes and cook, so when I tried this Pineapple Upside-Down Trifle of hers I thought it tasted like paradise and knew I had to share. It’s cute, it’s bright, it’s colorful! The best part is- that it’s so easy, so when you feel like something delicious, but feel too lazy to do anything elaborate, you can just whip this trifle recipe up! We also call this Pineapple Cream Trifle because the pineapple cream in it is super heavenly.
*This post may contain affiliate links.
Join our monthly newsletter & get a FREE ebook!
How to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake Trifle
- For this recipe, you will need a yellow cake mix, a 3.5 oz. box of pudding mix, a pint of heavy whipping cream, a can of pineapple chunks, and some maraschino cherries. Of course you can use your favorite homemade cake recipe too.
Pineapple Upside-Down Trifle (Pineapple Cream Trifle)
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Trifle
A twist on the traditional pineapple upside down cake dessert
- 4 cups of vanilla pudding (instant is fine)
- 1 can of pineapple in juice
- 2–3 cups of cake cubes (a 9x13 yellow cake is best, any recipe.)
- 3–4 cups of whipped cream (fresh is best)
- About 2 cups of sugar
- Maraschino cherries
- Drain the juice from the can of pineapple into a cup. Cut your cake into cubes, whip your cream, and make your pudding. Add about 3 tbsp. of pineapple juice from the can to the pudding for added flavor. Then start layering in a medium size bowl or trifle dish. Or you can layer individually into mason jars. Continue layering until all the ingredients are gone, finishing with whip cream on top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 6