How to make Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake with Lemon Shortbread Crust. It’s better than Cheesecake Factory!
sauce. I think it is the PERFECT combination of velvety lemon cheesecake and raspberry sauce that packs the perfect raspberry punch. You’ll LOVE,
LOVE, LOVE this recipe….it’s even better than….! Shhh…don’t tell The Cheesecake Factory….keep this secret among friends!
Love and lemon zest,
How to make Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake:
Lemon Shortbread Crust:
Making the Lemon Cheesecake Filling:
I use fresh lemon zest AND lemon emulsion I bought online (OliveNation.com). Lemon emulsion is not expensive, but it is not found in grocery stores. Restaurants and fine bakeries use it t to accomplish an amazing lemon flavor. Lemon emulsion is similar to pure lemon extract except it is not preserved in alcohol. If used in baking, lemon emulsion does not lose it’s pure, fresh lemon taste (which can happen with lemon extract when it is cooked at high temperatures).
In a large bowl beat cream cheese until creamy. I use a hand mixer (instead of my Kitchen Aid) for this. It’s just personal preference. This way I get everything mixed nice and smooth without missing any bits of cream cheese. Next, add lemon zest, lemon emulsion and vanilla and mix well.
Next, add eggs and yolks one at a time, beating after each addition just to blend. This is amazingly smooth and velvety!
Here’s the secret to avoid soggy crust when baking in a water bath: Grab a plastic crock pot liner and a couple paper towels or napkins….like 3 or 4.
spring form pan!
Fill the roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the spring form pan, taking care to make sure the plastic bag edges stay high above both pans….once again, keeping water out to prevent a soggy crust.
Finally, chill cheesecake for about 4-6 hours. Once chilled, remove sides of spring form pan ….and VOILA!!!
Stir together: raspberries, sugar, corn starch, and salt. Here I used frozen raspberries but you can use fresh as well.
Simmer until sauce is slightly thickened and has turned this amazing dark, rich, red color. See how glossy and shiny it looks? This happens after about 3-5 minutes.
Raspberry-Lemon Cheesecake with Lemon Shortbread Crust…better than Cheesecake Factory!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix crust ingredients. Pat in
- the bottom and half-way up the sides of a greased 9-inch spring form pan. Bake
- at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool.
- 5- 8 ounce packages cream
- cheese, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon emulsion (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- Raspberry Sauce (see recipe below)
- n a large bowl beat cream cheese until creamy… add lemon zest, lemon emulsion and vanilla. Combine sugar flour and salt. Gradually blend into cream cheese mixture. Add eggs and yolks one at a time, beating after each addition just to blend. Gently stir in whipping cream.
- Here’s the secret to avoid soggy crust when baking in a water bath: Grab a plastic crock pot liner and a couple paper towels or napkins….like 3 or 4.
- Place napkins/paper towels in bottom of plastic liner….place prepared crust pan on top of the napkins/paper towels. Pour cheese cake mixture into to crust pan.
- (NOTE: the plastic liner will keep water from seeping in around your spring form pan. This works much better than foil! The napkins/paper towels under your pan will collect any condensation that will collect around your pan while baking. RESULT: beautiful lemon shortbread crust! No soggy yuck here!!!!)
- Fill the roasting pan with hot water halfway up the sides of the pan, taking care to make sure the plastic bag edges stay high above pan sides....once again, keeping water out to prevent soggy
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes reduce the temperature to 300 degrees and bake until the center of the cheesecake jiggles slightly like firm jell-o. (If you have an electric oven
- bake for 50 minutes at 300 degrees. If you have a gas oven, it will be much longer. My gas oven takes 90 minutes to cook the cheese cake at 300 degrees).
- Turn off the oven, crack oven door and allow cooling for a half hour. Remove cheese cake from oven and cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Chill for about 4-6 hours. Once chilled, remove spring form pan sides….and VOILA!!! You have a BEAUTIFUL cheese cake creation!
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Stir together. Simmer over med heat until slightly thickened about 3-5 minutes. Cool.Enjoy! Let me know if you like it!