The best ever overnight french toast recipe! You’ll love this caramel bottom french toast for breakfast!
This french toast recipe will knock your socks off! It’s everything you want a delicious breakfast recipe to be! This caramel bottom overnight french toast is wonderful for brunch, Sunday breakfast, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day and any special occasion. It’s also an awesome breakfast recipe for any old day that you just want good food–including breakfast for dinner!
*This post contains affiliate links that are no cost to you and help support my website.
Caramel Overnight French Toast
Hey friends! Here is some SUNSHINE to brighten your post-Christmas blues! YES!
In our house we have a PILE of birthdays coming up and this recipe will be a big part of the celebrations! This is our #1 REQUESTED BIRTHDAY BREAKFAST hands down! We have lots of traditions that swirl around birthdays and BREAKFAST IN BED is one of them! Here is the game-plan:
- Kids get to choose their favorite breakfast and the whole family gets up early…sometimes at 5:00 a.m., depending on school schedules.
- The whole family marches into the birthday boy/girl’s room, WHILE SINGING, with a tray piled high with their favorite breakfast….minus a drink….we’ve had too many messy mishaps with chocolate milk and orange juice. HA!
- After a picture with all the kids crowding onto the lucky birthday kid’s bed…we all run downstairs to eat breakfast together. Such a great way to start a birthday! YES!
I love traditions! I love how they build memories for our family! I especially love when the traditions are simple! This recipe is SO EASY and SO DELICIOUS! AND….IF YOU DON’T TELL ANYONE….I WILL CONFESS SOMETHING….
If we are eating super early in the morning…I make this the night before and slide the pan (I double the recipe and put all the French Toast in one large, deep baking dish), into the oven. I program my oven to “time bake” and it will turn on and start baking the French Toast at 4:00 a.m. while I am sleeping soundly in my bed. Then, we all wake up and breakfast is ready! I just MIGHT have done this about a dozen times! It works swimingly!
I call this DELICIOUS EFFICIENCY!!
No need for a special occasion! But, if you have a birthday, or a holiday, or a Sunday coming…make this! You will love me and this strawberry sauce forever!
Love and caramelly French Toast,
Amy J. 🙂
How to make Overnight Caramel Bottom French Toast
- First, place butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for a couple seconds to melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. The brown sugar will NOT be dissolved. Don’t worry…it will get all melted and caramelly when it bakes!
2. Second, blend eggs, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon together in a blender until well combined and frothy.
3. Dip bread in egg mixture and put two on top of each other, like a sandwich, into the pan right on top of the caramel. Give these little French Toast sandwiches a nice little sprinkle of cinnamon. Pour any extra egg mixture over the top.
4. Finally, pop it in the oven and it comes out all toasty and delicious with an AMAZING layer of caramel on the bottom.
This French Toast is TALL and PUFFY and does NOT come out soggy like other overnight French toast recipes. DELISH!
Finally, don’t forget the strawberry sauce! My Grandma B’s strawberry sauce makes this our #1 requested breakfast for birthdays! The strawberry sauce is a MUST! It is SO EASY! Just blend up some strawberries with a bit of sugar! STRAWBERRY-CARAMELY FRENCH TOAST PERFECTION! ENJOY!
You may also like:
Caramel Bottom French Toast
The BEST overnight French Toast recipe on the planet! And Grandma B.’s strawberry sauce.
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
2 Tble light corn syrup
16 slices French bread
½ tsp cinnamon, PLUS more to sprinkle on top
1 3/4 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
*Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for a couple seconds to melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. The brown sugar will NOT be dissolved. Don’t worry…it will get all melted and caramelly when it bakes! Pour caramel in a greased 9X13 glass baking dish.
Blend eggs, milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon together in a blender until well combined and frothy. Dip bread in egg mixture and put two on top of each other, like a sandwich, into the pan right on top of the caramel. Pour extra egg mixture over top. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from frig about 30 minutes before baking. Bake uncovered at 350 for30-35 minutes or until fork comes out clean.
Serve with strawberry sauce. DELISH!!!!!
NOTE: You can double this and put it in a 11X15 DEEP baking dish. If you double this recipe, baking time will increase to 60 minutes.
2 lbs Frozen (and thawed) or fresh strawberries
1/2 cup Sugar
*Blend all together in blender until smooth.