THE BEST 3 Cheese Queso Dip on the planet! Homemade queso recipe with three delicious cheeses. You’ll love this easy queso recipe!
It’s time for a fun appetizer recipe as well hunker down for Coronavirus or COVID-19. Here’s an easy Killer Three Cheese Queso recipe to keep you going all through the quarantine! You’ll love the mix of these 3 cheeses in this queso dip. Give it a try and stay healthy and safe!
*This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to my reader. I may receive a small income when you click on this link and purchase through them. It helps to keep my website afloat. Thank you!
Doesn’t this queso dip look amazing? If you love this 3 cheese appetizer recipe, you may also want to check out these quick 3 ingredient recipes too:
Why Three Cheese Queso is THE BEST
This time of year we are usually gearing up for March Madness! The whole family…except me… fills out a bracket…or two or three! Literally PJ comes home from the office with a stack of blank brackets, the crew fills them out, and they are left all over the house! HA! True story…one time I returned home to find 4 brackets tacked to the wall in our living room! That won’t happen this year!
Sports may be cancelled this year…but the food is not! This 3 Cheese Killer Queso is a FAVORITE! It is one of our most requested party dips!
I often take on the challenge of copying or improving restaurant recipes. We have always loved Q’doba’s 3 Cheese Queso…so we copied it….or made it better! It has been a process! We have tried oven-roasting fresh poblano peppers and fresh garden tomatoes…you would think this would be perfect…nope. We have used all combinations of cheeses…We have tried about a dozen times. We have landed on our FAVORITE RECIPE HERE MY FRIENDS! This queso has an amazing creamy texture…not pasty and clumpy/thick like some. The Rotel and green chilies add the exact amount of tomatoes and perfectly prepared chilies. The mixture of spices and using fresh and granulated garlic give several layers of amazing flavor! We have learned a few tricks along the way. We think it is the BEST! Try it and YOU DECIDE!!! ENJOY!
Let’s get crackin’….
Before you start…PLEASE LISTEN…
Don’t rush the process my friends! Follow the instructions!
How to make Killer Queso Dip:
1. Start with the onions, fresh garlic and pickled jalapenos. Don’t even pull anything else out of the refrigerator. Saute onion, fresh garlic, and pickled jalapenos in 1 TB oil over LOW heat. Cook low and slow for at least 10-15 minutes…stirring every 2-3 minutes. This is the most important step. This low and slow saute infuses all components with the most incredible flavor! Be patient. This step makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE! While these saute….GATHER THE REST OF THE INGREDIENTS! Walk past the stove, stop to give it a quick stir, and then move on to grate the cheese or whatever.
2. Once onions are clear and soft, add Rotel tomatoes, green chilies, cumin, coriander, onion powder, and garlic powder.
3. Cook 2 minutes over MEDIUM-LOW heat, stirring constantly.
4. Next stir in evaporated milk. Cook over medium low heat until hot. This prepares the perfect milk base for the cheeses!
5. Toss in cream cheese dollops, slices of American cheese and grated pepper jack! Stir over medium-LOW heat until smooth!
6. Combine milk and sour cream, stir until smooth. Stir in milk/sour cream mixture, and warm over LOW heat. Stir until well combined! Serve with corn chips! ENJOY!
Killer Three Cheese Queso
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ½ cup PICKLED jalapenos, chopped (less for more mild)
- 1-10 oz can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1-7 oz can fire roasted green chilies
- ¼ tsp EACH cumin, coriander, onion power, AND garlic powder
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 10 slices white American cheese
- ¼ lb pepper jack cheese, grated
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- *Saute onion, fresh garlic, and pickled jalapenos in 1 Tble oil over LOW heat. Cook low and slow for at least 10 minutes…stirring every 2-3 minutes. While these saute….GATHER THE REST OF THE INGREDIENTS!
- Once onions are clear and soft, add Rotel tomatoes, green chilies, cumin, coriander, onion powder, and garlic powder. Cook 2 minutes over MEDIUM-LOW heat, stirring constantly.
- Next, stir in evaporated milk, cream cheese, American cheese, and jack cheese. Stir together over MEDIUM-LOW heat until all cheeses are melted.
- Stir together sour cream and milk until combined. Stir the sour cream mixture into the hot cheese mixture. Stir until well combined and warmed through. Serve with warm corn chips. YUM-O!
You may also like: