Oh I am so excited to share with you one of my family’s favorite winter recipes! In fact, it’s one of my son’s favorite soups, and I mean, it’s REALLY GOOD. It’s our delicious White Bean Chicken Chili made completely from items in your pantry food storage. I actually got this recipe from my sister and it’s been a family favorite ever since. I love using it in the winter, when money is tight and I can just go to my pantry and make dinner in a jiffy. All these items can be found in your pantry or your food storage and it’s a great way to rotate through those canned goods you buy during all those bulk, case lot sales. Of course, you can also use fresh ingredients for this chili, but it’s nice to have some recipes for all those pantry items. If you are a fan of chicken tortilla soup, you’ll like this one for sure.
*This post may or may not contain affiliate links.
As I mentioned this is actually my son’s favorite soup/chili. It’s a hearty bowl of southwest flavors. I usually make it on cold Sundays. I dump it in the slow cooker on my way to church–it literally takes 5 minutes to dump it in–and be on my way.
Here’s the basic ingredients need for this chicken chili.
This white bean chicken chili recipe creates a great opportunity to use your dry bean storage as well. I soak mine in my Instant Pot pressure cooker and they are done in less than an hour! This is the one I have if you are interested (I got it on a Black Friday deal and so far I LOVE it!):
Garnish with sour cream or tortilla chips and enjoy!
White Bean Chicken Chili from your pantry
Delicious white bean chicken chili make completely with items from your pantry food storage!
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can sweet corn
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (including juice)
- 2 cans white beans (or 3–4 cups of dry beans, softened)
- 1 can diced green chilis
- 2 cans cooked chicken
- 1 TB chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder (or dry onion flakes)
- 1 TB cumin powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Open each of the ingredients and dump into your slow cooker or Instant Pot. Add the seasonings (more or less to taste) and mix well. Cook until warm and bubbly and flavors are well combined. For a slow cooker place on low for about 4 hours. For instant pot, place on manual mode and cook for 30 mins (time varies). You can also use the instant pot to cook and soften dry white beans first if you are not using canned beans.
- This recipe is very versatile and each ingredient can be found in a pantry and is a great way to use up and rotate through food storage. Of course, all these ingredients can be fresh as well, if that is what you have. I have also used a white chicken chili season packet instead of the seasonings listed and it’s just as good! Tastes delicious the next day as well!
- Serving Size: 6