get this party started!
Stir while cooking over med heat until almonds are coated and sugar is dissolved and caramelized. Stir constantly to coat almonds. Watch carefully these can burn fast. Pour onto a plate to cool. Sample a few…these are crazy good!
keeps the seeds from popping out, flying across the kitchen and splatting, with a perfect red-staining mess, on your favorite white skinny jeans. You’re welcome!
Pomegranate Christmas Salad
- 2 heads red
- leaf lettuce, washed, chopped
- 2 pomegranates,
- 4 oz toasted,
- sugared, slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 Tble minced purple onion
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tble poppy seeds
- *To sugar the
- almonds: In a small saucepan, sprinkle 3 Tble sugar and a pinch of salt over almonds.
- Stir while cooking over med heat until almonds are coated and sugar is dissolved and caramelized.
- Stir constantly to coat almonds.
- Watch carefully these can burn fast.
- Pour onto a plateto cool.
- *Seed the
- pomegranates: Cut each in half and
- submerge in large bowl of water. Use
- your fingers to carefully dislodge the tender seeds. Done!
- How easy was that!
- Blend first 5 ingredients together until mixture turns pink
- from the purple onion being incorporated.
- While blender is blending on high speed, open top of blender and pour oil
- in SLOWLY allowing only a slight stream of oil to flow. This emulsifies the oil and vinegar mixture
- so the oil will not separate. YAY! Stir in poppy seeds and drizzle over
- salad! Delish!
- Just before serving toss all ingredients in a large glass bowl. Drizzle desired amount of Sweet/Savory Poppy Seed Dressing over top. Give it a stir
- and serve immediately!
You may also like: