Asian Lettuce Wraps with ZUCCHINI
- Asian Lettuce Wraps…with ZUCCHINI!
- Divide these 8 ingredients in half and cook in two small batches!
- 2 Tble vegetable oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp Fresh ginger paste…can also use minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup button mushrooms, minced
- 1 can water chestnuts, minced
- 3 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups minced zucchini
- Romaine or leaf lettuce, large
- leaves, washed and chilled
- Steamed sticky rice!
- (If you don’t have a rice cooker: In a sauce pan put 3 cups Cal-Rose sushi rice and 4 ½ cups cold water. Stir to combine. Bring rice and water to a boil. Cover and turn heat down to low. Cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes. Turn off heat and let pot sit while you finish preparing turkey mixture. Serve hot.
- *Whisk all together
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 Tble Oyster sauce
- 6 Tble soy sauce
- 4 Tble brown sugar
- 1 Tble corn starch
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce (small Rooster jar)
- Dash red pepper flakes
*Using HALF of each ingredient as you cook. This enables even cooking
- In a saucepan sauté, oil, garlic, fresh ginger paste (can also use peeled, minced fresh ginger…but the fresh ginger in the tube is super convenient. Can find it next to fresh herbs in the produce section), and half of the turkey over med-High heat. Once turkey is cooked through,
- stir sauce mixture well (the corn starch may have settled to the bottom) and pour half of sauce mixture into saucepan with turkey. Cook 2 minutes, then add half of mushrooms, water chestnuts, green onions and zucchini. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Simmer until mixture thickens in sauce. Pour into baking dish and keep warm while you repeat with remaining ingredients.
- To serve: Top lettuce leaf with sticky rice followed by turkey/veggie mixture. ENJOY!